Chapped lips, flaky skin and dry itchy hair and dandruff mark the onset of winter.
A wonderful natural way to keep the skin hydrated and healthy is to eat fruits with high water content like strawberries, apricots, orange, carrots and green leafy vegetables.
Drink enough water during the day and avoid eating processed and fried food.
Avoid using chemicals on the skin like harsh soaps, cold creams, cleansing creams and make-up.
Protect yourself from harsh sun.
Use the following recipe for keeping the skin moist and hydrated naturally:
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey
- You can add some oatmeal to this mixture.
- Apply the mixture on the face, wash off after 10-15 minutes.
- You can use the same recipe for the whole body too.
- Yogurt and honey moisturize the skin.
- Honey is an antimicrobial agent and also helps heal minor abrasions and burns.
- Oatmeal heals and soothes dry skin and helps remove dead skin cells.
You can also add 1 bowl of honey to your bathing water to make your skin rich and smooth.
Try it and do give us the feedback!
Stay Well, Stay hydrated!